Job Details from Paralegal Resource Center, Inc. Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Corporate Paralegal Category: Paralegal
Duration: Permanent Salary: $$75,000-$118,500
Location City: Denver or Boulder Zip: 80202
Requirements: Corporate Paralegal
Our client has Big Firm benefits but boutique relationships and culture. The clients and work are sophisticated, the team is innovative, and management is flexible and supportive. You' ll be hard-pressed to find a better place to develop your career.
Our client is currently hiring a corporate paralegal to work in Denver or Boulder, Colorado. The successful candidate will support attorneys and clients of this boutique corporate/commercial law firm.
Form corporations and limited liability companies
• Check name availability and reserve corporate name.
• Draft organizational documents including certificate of formation or incorporation, action by sole incorporator, bylaws, organizational board actions, documents to issue stock, PIIAs and technology assignments.
• File certificates with State Secretary of States.
• Obtain tax ID numbers from IRS.
B. Maintain corporate and LLC records
• Draft shareholder, director, manager and member actions and minutes and maintain minute books.
• Prepare documents and maintain records for issuing and transferring stock and employee stock option plans.
• Prepare and maintain capitalization tables and stock and option ledgers, including experience with Carta and other electronic cap table platforms.
• Complete and file foreign qualification documents.
• Prepare and file annual reports.
• Prepare documents for annual shareholder meetings.
• Research Blue Sky issues, prepare memorandum and prepare required federal and states filings.
• Draft documents for dissolution.
• Shareholder mailings.
• Client communications.
C. Assist with transactions
• Create and maintain datarooms and assist with disclosure schedules.
• Draft closing checklists and closing memoranda.
• Prepare closing certificates.
• Research Blue Sky issues and prepare memoranda and required filings.
• Prepare materials for board, shareholder, manager and member actions and assist with associated mailings.
• Make other regulatory filings.
• Assist in obtaining required consents of Third Parties.
• Prepare opinion back-up memorandum and collect supporting documentation.
• Assist at the closing and prepare closing files.
• Prepare and make UCC filings in the relevant jurisdictions.
• Prepare Form ID and Form D documents and assist in obtaining EDGAR filer codes and making Form D filings.
• Maintain form files and reference materials.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Partners, supervising Attorneys or other administration personnel.
• Provide backup support for reception, perform secretarial duties and maintain office facilities.
• Train and provide mentoring assistance to receptionists, secretaries, paralegals and law clerks as needed.
• Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited university.
• Minimum of 7 years work experience in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department.
• Possess excellent written, communication and proofreading skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize and work well under pressure.
Strong interpersonal skills; can interact professionally with staff, attorneys and clients.
• Fluent with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
$75, 000 - $118, 500 salary based on experience.
Our client currently offers employees health care benefits, opportunity to participate in a 401K plan, a profit sharing plan, transportation or parking stipend, and technology stipend.
We are a small team of recruiters dedicated to exceeding your expectations. We know applying to jobs is a vulnerable experience, so we are transparent and candid mentors who keep your best interests in focus. Check out our active openings at www.prcdenver.com and jobs.legalmarketingandstaffing.com and our resume/career coaching services at www.goatpros.com.
Hope to meet you soon!
Paralegal Resource Center, Inc.
410 17th Street - Suite 275
Denver, CO 80202
www.ColoradoLegalStaffing.com | www.PRCDenver.com | Paralegal Resource Center, Inc. | Copyright 2007-2021 | 303-572-3930 | 410 17th Street, Suite 1375, Denver, CO 80202